August 2017


Sofia Airport with nearly 34% increase in passengers in July


During the first seven months of the year Sofia Airport saw 3 747 596 passengers, which is a record-breaking increase of 42 % compared to the same period last year.


In July the served passengers reached more than 611 thousand. Terminal 2 saw 65% of passenger traffic, and Terminal 1 – the remaining 35%.



Sofia Airport with electric bus between terminals

As of today, 07.08.2017, fully electric bus will transport passengers between the two Sofia Airport terminals. It replaces the diesel engine bus and remains free of charge for passengers. Besides being environmentally friendly (it does not emit carbon dioxide), its usage will lead to a significant reduction in maintenance costs.

The electric bus has a capacity for 65 passengers, with 26 seats. There are 3 folding seats and a separate wheelchair bay. It has a ramp suitable for senior citizens and passengers with reduced mobility.


Essay, photography and children’s drawing competition with topic: „My Sofia Airport“

In September this year, Sofia Airport celebrates its 80th anniversary. On this occasion, it announces a competition in 3 categories:


Photo exhibition "The Unknown Airport Sofia" in city centre

In the heart of Sofia, the garden in front of "Crystal", as of today you can see 27 photographies gathered in the exhibition "Unknown Airport Sofia". The photos have not only artistic but also informational value. The photographs show interesting moments from the daily life of the largest Bulgarian airport, as well as little-known facts coming from the "kitchen" of aviation.


Sofia Airport: Follow us in the social networks

All social networking platforms used by Sofia Airport – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google Plus were presented with a musical flash mob.